Course Date and Venue:
Cumbernauld, Westerwood Hotel, Thursday 24th Mar, 2016, 10am to 4.30pm
Hardwick Hall Hotel Sedgefield Co.Durham, Thursday 19th May, 2016, 10am to 4.30pm
Cardiovascular disease is an essential part of first opinion practice. This course is highly practically orientated and focused to help you to recognise cardiovascular emergencies, differentiate them from diseases affecting other organ systems and be confident in your initial approach to treatment and stabilisation.
What you’ll learn:
- Differential diagnosis of coughing, dyspnoea and collapse in dogs and cats
- Practical considerations of CPCR
- Managing hypotension and low venous return
- Acute arrhythmias
- Managing acute congestive heart failure in dogs and cats
- Hypertensive crises
- Cardiomyopathy and decompensated mitral valve disease, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Managing pericardial effusion
- Embolic disease – what you can do
- Feline aortic thromboembolism, pulmonary thromboembolism
- Acute vasculitis – presentation and management
Kit Sturgess MA, VetMB, PhD, CertVR, DSAM, CertVC, MRCVS RCVS Recognised Specialist in Small Animal Medicine
£250 +VAT (total £300.00) Includes tuition, course notes, refreshments and lunch.
Wednesday 19th Oct, 2016
Wednesday 7th Dec, 2016
Orthopaedic Referral Service
Our orthopaedic service, with state-of-the-art facilities, including MRI and CT scanning, and expert nursing care, provides the highest level of veterinary orthopaedic care available.
We use the highest quality equipment and perform minimally invasive techniques where appropriate from Chihuahuas to Great Danes.
We have special miniature fracture systems for cats and small dogs.
Broadleys Veterinary Hospital
Craig Leith Rd